THINGS TO DO TO MAKE YOUR KITCHEN & BATHROOMS LOOK MORE BEAUTIFUL

 THINGS TO DO TO MAKE YOUR KITCHEN & BATHROOMS LOOK MORE BEAUTIFUL

These small changes make a surprising difference and will help make your kitchen and bathrooms look more beautiful – today!


A couple of time ago I had one of those epiphanies about my house. You know, the ones that you never thought of before and you can’t believe you didn’t think of earlier?

I was in the kitchen at the sink and noticed what was next to it for maybe the first time ever.

Bright yellow sponge. Orange bottle with a bright green label. And both of these were simply sitting on the counter. Not even a pretty container or spot for them to rest. 

Until then I had just accepted that those things come in garish colors and that’s that. They never bothered me. To be honest, I never gave it much thought. But on that day I realized that while I was spending time decorating and accessorizing my home, I was ignoring these small things that could really use some improvement.

So I decided that I would make an effort to change up all the little, everyday things that were ugly. You know that saying by the famous decorator Elsie de Wolfe?

“I WILL MAKE EVERYTHING AROUND ME BEAUTIFUL – THAT WILL BE MY LIFE”

That’s what I decided I would do.

Because why shouldn’t the small things in our lives be pretty? Do sponges and soap bottles have to come in bright neon colors? And why do toothbrushes look like they belong to a 5 year old?!

These things clash so much with the rest of a pretty home, and yet they don’t have to! Today I’m sharing some easy things you can do today to make your kitchen and bathrooms look more beautiful – starting with those sponges!

1. CHANGE OUT YOUR SPONGES!


The first step in making my kitchen look more beautiful was to swap out my sponges. I set about trying to find sponges that were either white or neutral. I found some simple white ones . But I also like and have used these natural colored ones – they’re also a little thicker and more durable. While you’re at it, add some natural bristle scrub brushes .

Also be sure to find a beautiful bowl or container to hold the sponge. My little marble bowl is a vintage piece I found, but there’s lots of small, pretty bowls to be found. Or how cute would this marble petal tray look sitting on the counter?
                                         


I also transfer my hand and dish soaps into pretty glass containers. There are also double sets where you can have hand and dish soap or hand soap and lotion in matching refillable containers.

Not only do they look better than a bright bottle , but they’re also much more earth-friendly as they’re refillable. My favorite is the Basil but I also love the Lemon Verbena and the Lavender. 

This whole spot looks so much prettier than it did when I had the glaringly bright sponges here!


2. CORAL COOKING ITEMS WITH TRAYS

Over on the stove side I’ve corralled some cooking items on a vintage bread board. Salt, pepper, olive oils or vinegars all look better if they’re grouped together in a basket or on a tray. Much like the dish soap, I like to decant salt and pepper into pretty vessels. This little ‘salt’ jar looks so much better than the previous large box  that used to sit here!  
                                     


I also adore my new pepper mill! It’s seriously the best pepper mill we’ve ever owned and I love the look adds to the kitchen.

 Scented candles make your house smell so much better, and they’re especially great for getting rid of cooking smells (just be sure to blow them out before you eat as they can interfere with taste buds).  

3. USE PRETTY COVERS FOR YOUR TISSUE BOXES

Though I’ve had some tissue box covers before, none of them really spoke to my taste for a simple yet classy style until I found this marble cover. It’s so pretty, works with any décor in any color bathroom, and makes a great gift, too!

                                          

My cover has unfortunately been discontinued, but I found a great option  that’s actually less than I paid for this one, as well as a pretty one. 

4. DECANT YOUR SOAP OR BUY A ONE IN A PRETTY MARBLE BOTTLE

As I mentioned above, in the kitchen I decant both the dish and hand soaps into marble containers and I’ve done the same in the bathroom. However, I recently found  a beautiful marble bottle and it’s the most amazing look! It’s makes my favorite bathroom look appealing so  no surprise their presence feel so good.
 
                                


I love this one above. But I’ve also tried their other options and they’re all divine too! I’ve linked the larger size because I love that it comes in a natural stone  and can be refilled. 

5. USE PRETTY BOXES TO STORE THINGS YOU DON’T WANT VISIBLE

                     


I love to use baskets or pretty boxes to hide things I’d rather not have out, or that just aren’t pretty. Above, I used a cute little vintage basket to hold all of our TV remotes. Not only does it look prettier and neater, but it also keeps them from getting misplaced!

                                          


Not a pretty picture, I know, but this box is beautiful and now holds the toilet wipes. My whole family loves them, but I didn’t love the package sitting out – especially in the powder room and guest bathrooms. Pretty box to the rescue!


This box is Marble and came in beautiful look, but there are so many options these days. If you want to do the same thing, just measure the container of whatever you need to hide.

BONUS TIP: DECORATE WITH FLOWERS & FRUIT – ALWAYS!

 One sure way to pretty up your kitchen is to display your produce. Using fruits or vegetables as decor is not only beautiful to look at, but it adds color and freshness to the space, too. 
                                               


And of course, I’m sure it’s no surprise to you how I feel about fresh flowers! 

No matter the mess or dust or lack of perfect styling, fresh flowers will always make your kitchen – or any space in your home – feel prettier. It’s probably the single easiest way to bring some sunshine to any room! 

                                 


 It doesn’t always take a lot of money to make a big difference in the appearance of our homes. In fact, sometimes small, inexpensive changes can have a big impact. By simply swapping out some of these unattractive but necessary household items, you can make your kitchen and bathrooms look more beautiful!

                 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AESTHETIC CHARACTERISTICS OF PLANTS

6 Wash Basin Designs For Halls & Dining Room in 2020

How to Fit a Mandir Into Your Small space Home